Ethical Debt Advice Charter
Debt Advice Foundation’s “Ethical debt advice Framework” is based on three fundamental principles:
- The consumer has an obligation to make their best sustainable offer (to repay what they can afford to).
- The debt adviser has an obligation to verify the facts and provide the most appropriate (and least drastic) advice based on those facts.
- The creditor has an obligation to “treat their customers fairly” and (assuming that the debtor and the debt advisers have carried out their obligations) agree to the solution proposed.
Application of the Framework
How does this affect the way the charity works?
- Our advice and support is available to everyone who needs it, no matter what their economic or social circumstances.
- Our advice is based on the following key principles (in order of importance):
- Our advice will fully solve the person’s debt problem
- We will recommend the least drastic and most appropriate solution available
- We will aim to achieve the above in the shortest time possible
- Our advice and support is confidential and free of charge.
If you’re unable to call our free debt helpline number 0800 043 40 50 right now, you can fill in the form below and one of our advisors will call you back at a time of your choosing.