What should I do if I have mortgage arrears?

There are a number of options available to those at risk of losing their home.  If you have mortgage arrears or you're having difficulty keeping up with your mortgage repayments then you need to seek help from a specialist advisor immediately.  The housing charity Shelter has a useful guide on dealing with mortgage arrears.

If you're struggling with unsecured debts, such as personal loans, credit cards and overdrafts and you would like to discuss your options, call Debt Advice Foundation’s free, confidential helpline on 0800 043 40 50  to speak with an adviser.