How do I go about filing for bankruptcy? - Debt Advice Foundation

How do I go about filing for bankruptcy?


If you’re considering filing for Bankruptcy, you will need to complete an online application form.

You will also need to pay the following fees to the Insolvency Service:

  • The adjudicator’s fee, currently £130.
  • Bankruptcy administration fee of £550.

For more information on filing for Bankruptcy, see how do I go about declaring bankruptcy. You can read more about Bankruptcy and whether it is suitable for your situation in our Bankruptcy section.

Debt Advice Foundation is a registered UK charity offering free, confidential support and advice on any aspect of debt, including Bankruptcy. If you need to talk to someone about Bankruptcy or would like to discuss the alternatives, please call to speak to an adviser.

Helpine Logo
Helpline Callback

If you’re unable to call our free debt helpline number 0800 043 40 50 right now, you can fill in the form below and one of our advisors will call you back at a time of your choosing.

Call for FREE debt advice on

0800 043 40 50

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm