Where can I get UK IVA advice? - Debt Advice Foundation

Where can I get UK IVA advice?


Although the England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland are all part of the UK & NI, Scotland is actually served by separate (although similar) insolvency legislation.

A UK IVA is only available in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Scotland has a similar (although by no means identical) process called Protected Trust Deed, which is a legally binding agreement between you and your creditors where you will pay back what you can realistically afford each month, usually for a period of three years.

If you want to find out more about what a UK IVA is, see what is an IVA.

You can read more about IVAs and whether they are suitable for your situation in our IVA section. If you need advice on any aspect of IVAs, please call 0800 043 40 50.

Helpine Logo
Helpline Callback

If you’re unable to call our free debt helpline number 0800 043 40 50 right now, you can fill in the form below and one of our advisors will call you back at a time of your choosing.

Call for FREE debt advice on

0800 043 40 50

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm