What is the IVA register?
The IVA register is part of the Insolvency register, which is a public record maintained by the Insolvency Service. The Insolvency register contains details of the following:
- Individual Voluntary Arrangements
- Fast-Track Voluntary Arrangements
- Bankruptcy Orders (current or those that have ended in the last 3 months)
- Bankruptcy Restriction Orders or Undertakings
- Debt Relief Orders (current or those that have ended in the last 3 months)
- Debt Relief Restriction Orders or Undertakings
The IVA register (Insolvency Register), which covers England and Wales, can be searched online at the Insolvency Service website or at your local official receiver’s office.
The information listed varies slightly according to the type of insolvency process undertaken but will generally include name, address, date of birth, occupation and details of the arrangement.
Debt Advice Foundation is a registered UK charity offering free, confidential support and advice on any aspect of debt, including IVAs. If you need to talk to someone about debt, please call the charity’s helpline on 0800 043 40 50 to speak to an adviser.
Insolvency Service Publication – Individual Insolvency Register
The register does not include details of:
- Disqualified directors
- Company insolvencies
- Insolvencies in Scotland or Northern Ireland
- Annulled or rescinded Bankruptcy Orders
The Accountant in Bankruptcy
0845 762 6171
The Insolvency Service
02890 251 441